Thursday, February 12, 2009

Frustration...

Well.....I am extremely irritated that I don't fully understand how food and exercise affect MY particular body. The better, more scientifically I eat, the more weight I gain, and the crappier my performance. The less I eat, the lighter I become; which coincides directly with faster, stronger performances for me. I don't get it. It flies in the face of science. Shoot, my physical weight can fluctuate up to 10 pounds EACH DAY. That makes for some strong psychotic events within my head.

So I decided that perhaps the quality of my protein was insufficient. I purchased some "fancy" protein as opposed to my lame grocery-store Kashi GoLean protein (say that five times fast), and am now the proud owner of a concentrate that is a really solid mixture of whey and casein. It tastes pretty good too. Got a multivitamin, even though I don't really care so much about mvs, but figure as I fight off yet another stupid sinus cold, I ought to give it a try. Thinking a bit about the Zone diet, I realize that my Vitamin C intake has been extremely low, as I tend to stay away from fruit now, other than apples. And, of course grapes. So maybe this is the answer???

I am going to give this a whirl, and see how my results fare. I tend to bulk up pretty quickly, so I would like to minimize that aspect, while still maintaining strength gains. I know I am a hell-of-a-lot stronger than I used to be, but the body-image-disorder in me is displeased with taking up more space. There has to be some sort of balance. I will say, adding back some yoga really helped with hamstring issues. My left hamstring is pretty much always on the verge of fraying, so taking at least 1 day per week to get back to an actual yoga practice is beneficial.

So far, I have had my typical breakfast, which I have researched ad nauseam. Seems to be good? Going to drink a LOT of water today, and see how I react. New job + no water cooler = lazy water intake. Not good.

1 comment:

Addi said...

FYI: 1 red pepper = way more vitamin C than an orange, and red = 3x green.

I'm not a fan of the multivitamins either. (though I do make myself take one - I find I have more energy)

Also, a heaping bowl of ice cream is essential to bone density. I think. Pretty sure it's important. Cheesecake should do in a pinch.

If you'd like any more nutritional wisdom, you know where to come. :)