Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuf Skin...

I don't believe I've ever been quite as excited about a product in the marketplace. There is a Crossfit God, and he's blessed me with the miracle of Tuf Skin. Seriously, I should have my own infomercial like Mr. Sham-WOW (I really get a kick out of that guy). For the first time in, well... ever, I was able to "stick" to the bar during pullups. I knocked out nearly 10 each time during our Tabata Mashup. Round 6, for some reason, I only got 6 pullups, but that's because my forearms were going to explode. I made it up on the KB swings that round. For once, I didn't waste all my energy holding on to the kettlebell for dear life, hoping that today wouldn't be the day that I accidentally heaved it through the garage door. At any rate, when applied directly to my soggy hands, and sealed with chalk, I have "grip." I don't think I've ever experienced "grip." Stupid hyperhidrosis. I love having an "osis." It makes me feel like I'm special. Kind of like a superhero - Aquagirl. Blah. No more, though!

Holy Hell. I can't decide whether to finish this post, or go order 13 cans of this modern miracle. I think I can do both... I can't wait to go golfing. I can't tell you how many times I have lost the club on the backswing. Yes. I am that person who's club flies out of their hands. It's fabulous, and entertaining to watch.

So, for diet, yesterday was a fairly strict Zone day. I felt pretty good. Here's my day...actually, it's pretty much what I eat everyday:

Breakfast - 2/3 cup steel cut oats
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp protein powder

Lunch - 1 oz turkey
1 oz. provolone
2 macadamia nuts
1 apple

Snack - Balance Bar (yes, I know. But I love them, and I don't care)

Dinner - 2 cups spinach salad
1 1/4 cups broccoli
2 oz. salmon
1 oz feta
olive oil and vinegar

Snack - 4 oz yogurt
sprinkled with almonds and flaxseed

So - roughly 9 blocks. That's okay. I need to lean out. If I could give up the PB, that wouldn't be a problem. You will read about me in the paper if I give up peanut butter. Guns and a clocktower... I have so few joys in life.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great job on the zone. Have you talked to Ricky about your fat blocks? I would think he tell you to up your fat blocks to somewhere closer to 5x (45 fat blocks if your a nine block person). The athlete's zone is set up this way to help your body heal from an intense training load...and we have been going intense lately. Said simply...I think you should be eating more peanut butter!!! :)